$10.00 – $12.00
Death Nesting incorporates ancient and modern death doula techniques, mindfulness practices and herbal support to physically, emotionally and spiritually care for the dying.
The focus is on “whole being” caregiving for home deaths but can be implemented into other settings such as acute care to create a more holistic experience. Basic physical care for bedridden individuals, anecdotal vignettes and glimpses into the world of spirit emphasize the poignancy, yet lightheartedness, of the dying process. The mindfulness practices, while profound, are also simple and can be done by anyone new to meditation. Throughout the book, references to nature inspire the understanding that death is part of life—a part which we all experience.
Death Nesting will teach you:
- Techniques for moving and bathing a bedridden individual
- What the body physically undergoes during the dying process
- Practices for emotional soothing
- Ceremony and energetic boundary guidelines
- Reiki, timeline and ancestral support for the dying
- Supporting the senses through the dying process
- Herbal care for nourishing and healing on a spirit level
- How to talk with children about dying and death
- Self care for moving with grief
- Basic mindfulness practices for contemplating your own mortality
- Differences between Ancient and Modern Death Doulas.
This book is beneficial on it’s own but can be used as a workbook.
“As Keppel describes it, conscious care of the dying incorporates practices such as meditation, ceremony and aromatherapy. Candid about the challenging realities of the dying process, she provides practical guidance for caregivers and family members both before and after the death. Death Nesting is a valuable primer not only for prospective doulas but for anyone who expects to die someday.”
– Book Review by Seven Days newspaper, Vermont
You Might Also Like..
Beneath the Bone Tree$8.00
Growth Rings: Ancestral Tree Meditations & End of Life Guided Journal$13.99 – $17.99
Shadow Work Sessions (Solo & partner)
Death Nesting$10.00 – $12.00
The Death of Faefolk$6.00 – $8.00
Path of the Light Being (Three month course)
Village Deathcare Citizen Course (110+ hour 11 week certificate course)$690.00